The University of Mpumalanga is a nonprofit public higher institution founded in 2014 in South Africa as a merger of 3 higher education institutions.
UMP boasts of providing accurate and essential information to its 4353 students from South Africa and other countries worldwide who attend its two campuses: Siyabuswa and Mbombela.
The mission of UMP is to provide high-quality education and training opportunities that foster the holistic development of students through teaching and learning, research, and scholarship.
Following its mission, UMP promotes meaningful collaboration with strategic partners via various academic and extracurricular activities. The goal is to turn their students into critical thinkers who can birth innovative ideas and create opportunities for sustainable development.
Students have the liberty to choose between applying online and offline at UMP. Below are the steps to apply online.
- Create an email address with a trusted platform such as Gmail or Outlook. Use a strong password that will be difficult to hack.
- Visit the official University of Mpumalanga website at https://www.ump.ac.za, which will bring you to the homepage.
- When options appear, click the student portal link, which is https://ienabler.ump.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login.
- Click on “New Application”.
- Fill in your personal information such as your name, email address, and any other information as prompted and save.
- If you did the first step correctly, it would automatically generate your student number or reference number and your pin code to help you go further.
- Type in your student number and click on “Applications”.
- Next, click “view application rules” to read the dos and don’ts of UMP applications.
- If you are comfortable with the rules, click “I accept”.
- Click on the tab “Next step” to proceed with your application.
- At this point, load scanned copies of your required documents to the application form. Some of which is your proof of payment of the application fee and a certified copy of your ID card. Then click “upload” only after making sure your documents are accurate.
- Click the “search button” after typing in the programme you will like to study at UMP.
- Then click on the period of study and click “save”.
- Carefully go over your application form to check if you provided the correct information and followed the instructions correctly at every step. Then, click “save”.
- If you will like to make changes to the mode of communication you earlier typed in, click on “communication type”.
- After this, check the programme you applied for and your application status.
- Collect an application form from any of the two UMP campuses or print one from the official UMP website.
- Fill it accordingly.
- Attach the required documents to your application form.
- Complete the application procedure and submit your application through any of the following routes:
Post: The Registrar
UMP Mbombela Campus
C/r R40 and D725 Roads
In-person: Any delivery site of the university or one of its campuses.
We will provide the general requirements for admission into UMP. However, note that each faculty and school has specific requirements in addition to the general requirements.
- Have accurate contact details. The email address and telephone number you summit should belong to you exclusively. UMP will use it to communicate with you on matters relating to you.
- Certified copy of your ID card if you are South African.
- International students have to present their passport.
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 results (if available).
- Certified copy of your Grade 11 results (if currently doing grade 12).
- Certified copies of your school qualifications which may include but are not limited to; Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate, Bachelor’s certificate, Masters Certificate.
- If you were previously enrolled in another university, provide your complete academic record, transcripts, and Certificate of Conduct from the school.
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans.
- A valid copy of your marriage certificate if you are married or a divorce decree to show you are divorced.
- Take the National Benchmark Test and provide proof of it.
- South African students and students from SADC are required to pay an application fee of R 150. Students from other African countries are to pay R350 while students out of Africa pay R500.
- Proof of payment of the application fee.
- Submit all documents in black and white.
- Only PDF, DOC, and TIF file formats are acceptable.
- Each file size should be a maximum of 2MB.
UMP Application Dates
- Undergraduate prospective students can apply from 1st April to 30th November 2021.
- Applicants with Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas can apply from 1st April to 15th December 2021.
- The application portal is open for applicants with Master’s and Doctorate qualifications from 1st April to 6th November 2021.
You are advised to apply within the time frame set aside for the qualification you want to achieve. Additionally, it is advisable to apply early so that you may be among the chosen ones considering the number of applications UMP receives annually.
UMP consists of 3 faculties and eight schools.
- Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Economics Development and Business Sciences
- Faculty of Education
Outlined below are UMP courses
- BSc in Agriculture
- Diploma in ICT
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Advanced Diploma in Agriculture in Agricultural Extension
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Agriculture in Plant Production
- Bachelor of Agriculture in Agricultural Extension and Rural Resource Management
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc)
- Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching
- Diploma in Nature Conservation
- Advanced Diploma in Agricultural Production Management
- Advanced Diploma in Agricultural in Post-Harvest Technology
For general enquiries, contact:
Front Desk: 013 002 0800
Enquiries: 013 002 0810
Switchboard: 013 002 0049/50
Mbombela Campus address
Cnr R40 and D725 Roads, Mbombela 1200
Siyabuswa Campus address
Bheki Mfundo Drive, Siyabuswa, South Africa
For enquiries specific to application and registration, contact: