University of Johannesburg Online Application
In order to apply online you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application by printing the forms from the links below, and sending them to the Admissions Office.
Applications Open: 1 April
Application Closing Date:
27 September (Undergraduates) at 12:00
31 October (Postgraduates) at 12:00
- Online application – Free
- The offline, paper application – R200
- Do not pay the application fee if you have paid it previously since UJ’s application fee is payable once only.
Course Cost Range Per Annum
Undergraduate tuition costs at UJ ranges anywhere from R20 000 to R67 000.
UJ Checklist Applications
Checklist for applying
- Valid email address (Gmail SPONSORED LINKS
- Have the requirements for study choices been met?
- If the residence is required then a deposit of R1220 must be paid.
- Certified and individually scanned documents if completed Grade 12 (see the process below).
- Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants):
- All documents must be certified
- When uploading documents, ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB and that all documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to [email protected] with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.