The Department of Public Services and Administration (DPSA) is a South African governmental department responsible for organising and administering civil services. Its mission is to establish norms and standards that ensure that machinery that belongs to the state functions optimally and that these standards and norms are adhered to.
Part of what the DPSA is responsible for is the facilitation and support of efforts to improve service delivery, anti-corruption and integrity; business processes; human resource management and more. The DPSA has numerous vacancies that are advertised weekly through a circular that you can access here.
When you click on the above link, it will take you to a page that lists the below requirements and provides the necessary application forms, and if you scroll down slightly, you will see the latest circulars listed. On these circulars, you will find a list of government departments and a list of provincial administrations. Each item from both lists will navigate you to a page that lists job vacancies for that particular department or administration.
How to apply for a DPSA vacancy
Once you have identified the vacancy that you would like to apply for, you will need to take note of the following:
- The application form, Z83, will need to be completed with the relevant and necessary details. This application form will need to be submitted along with a separate information sheet or CV detailing your qualifications, experience and relevant personal details. The application form is downloadable here.
- The completed Z83 application form and any additional documents such as a cover letter and/or CV have to be submitted to the relevant department wherein the job vacancy exists.
- You will need to ensure that you state the relevant vacancy reference number on your application form. This vacancy reference number can be found at the top of each new job vacancy.
- If you have any queries about a specific vacancy, you will need to direct your queries to the particular department wherein the vacancy exists. Do not address your queries to the DPSA in this regard.
- You will need to take special note of the relevant vacancies’ closing dates and ensure that your application does not reach the department after the said closing date; otherwise, your application will not be considered.
If you are unsure about a vacancy or have any queries regarding the DPSA vacancies, you can contact the DPSA on either 012 336 1474 or 012 336 1381 or visit their website on http://www.dpsa.gov.za.
What are the necessary requirements for a DPSA vacancy?
You will find the specific job, experience, qualification and personal requirements for each vacancy that is advertised on the circulars.
Each vacancy will detail the following information:
- Offered salary per annum,
- The centre where the vacancy exists,
- The requirements that applicants must meet to be considered for the job,
- The duties that the successful candidate will perform,
- Contact details in case you have any queries about the vacancy, and
- The postal- and email address and the person to whom must send all application.
If you need clarity on the requirements for a specific vacancy, you should contact the relevant person for the vacancy in question.
If you need clarity on the requirements for any vacancy or have any queries, you can contact the DPSA on either 012 336 1474 or 012 336 1381 or visit their website http://www.dpsa.gov.za.