The CAO online application platform provides all students with a central and fair avenue for securing undergraduate courses in Ireland. As a non-governmental organization, the CAO is tasked with the role of processing student admissions for both Irish undergraduate university and college courses.
In order to be eligible, all students must adhere to the articulated requirements, complete the CAO online application form, pay the required fee, and submit the form on due dates.
How to Apply
Planning a successful career at any University doesn’t have to be a vague dream. We help prospective students make it a reality.
Are you having trouble deciding what career you would like to follow? We have developed a Career Decision-Making page – designed to take undecided learners through the career decision-making process in a systematic and user-friendly manner.
We hope that the information provided will enable you to make an informed decision about applying. To help you get the most out of the information provided, here are a few key points you should bear in mind:
- Identify the course you wish to study. Programmes offered can be found in Department Handbooks.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to Universities for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009, the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.
- Apply online at the Central Applications Office (CAO). (A prospective student who wishes to study at the DUT must apply via the CAO.)
Please complete the CAO application form, and attach certified copies of your identity document and Grade 12 certificate (or final Grade 11, June/ Trial Grade 12 report if you have not written your final examination). The application form must reach the CAO office before the closing date of 31 October. CAO webpage at www.cao.ac.za