- Browse our academic programmes section to see what degrees we offer, or make use of our course finder – type in what you would like to study and hit enter, or download the Undergraduate Guide for Applicants.
- If you need inspiration, see what current students have to say about their chosen degrees.
TIP: Some degrees such as the BA, BSc and BEd give you the opportunity to plan your own curriculum based on your interests and career goals. Start thinking about your subject choices now.
If you haven’t yet decided on a course of study or your future career, try our interactive career planner, or consider making an appointment with Wits’ Counselling and Careers Development Unit(CCDU). The Unit offers programmes designed for grade 11 and 12 students, tertiary students, and even adults wanting to make mid-career changes.
Wits University Application Form: Admission Requirements
- Do you meet the entry requirements for your chosen degree? Entry requirements are the minimum academic standards that Wits require in order to consider you for entry into one of our degree programmes. Some faculties also require applicants to attend an interview or write a selection test
- Meeting the requirements does not guarantee a place. Competition for most of our degrees is high and demand for places generally exceeds the number of places available. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
- Requirements are listed according to the school-leaving category, such as the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or, for international students, foreign school-leaving qualifications.