You’ll find a breakdown of how to apply to UNISA (the University of South Africa) below. We’ve got instructions to help you apply to UNISA directly and if you want to apply to Unisa courses and study through a TVET. Tertiary education is just a few steps away! Ready, steady, let’s go.
University of South Africa (UNISA) Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications for undergraduates close at the end of September and postgraduate applications close on 13 November.
You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first. South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number. Once you have received your student number from Unisa, you will need to pay the application fee. Make sure your documents are scanned according to the guidelines.
How to Apply Online
Unisa has an online application portal which leads to different online application processes, depending on your level of study.
- Undergraduate Unisa Online Application
- Honours Degree and Postgraduate Diploma Unisa Online Application
- Masters and Doctoral Unisa Online Application
- Short Learning Programme Unisa Online Application
Apply to Unisa through a TVET College
Things to consider before applying:
- This application process is for non-degree programmes.
- Classes will be held at the TVET college.
- The programmes are primarily higher certificate qualifications offered at a number of TVET colleges.
- Once you have completed one of these qualifications, it could give you a better opportunity to qualify for one of Unisa’s degree programmes.