MyNsfas is the portal for nsfas applicants to login and access and manages important info regarding the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
Students or NSFAS applicants are strongly encouraged to create their MyNSFAS accounts. The process is as follows:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
Your cellphone number or email address must be uniquely yours and cannot be shared.
If you are one of the NSFAS 2019 applicants whose application was unsuccessful and you have submitted an appeal, you may check your application results (nsfas status ) by logging into your myNSFAS account.
How to reset your MyNsfas account password
Already have an account but forgot your MyNsfas account password?
Don’t panic, simply reset your Nsfas login password by:
- Clicking on the “Forgot your password” tab and enter your ID number
- Choose whether you have forgotten your username and password and click “Submit“
- You will receive an OTP via email and SMS
- Type in the OTP you received and click “Submit“
- You will then be required to create a new password.
If you have forgotten your MyNSFAS login details and do not have access to the email address or cell phone number on Nsfas system, you’re required to submit a certified affidavit requesting that your email and cell phone number be updated with the old and new details reflecting to email@example.com
You can also watch the video below to learn how to reset your password.
If you’re facing any challenges concerning your account, don’t hesitate to contact the bursary scheme via the following;
Call number: 0860 067 327
Toll free: 0800 203 900
Kindly note that applications for NSFAS funding for the 2019 academic year are currently closed. The application is still ongoing.
You have until midnight on 30 November to submit your applications.
Applications have also been extended to Grade 9 to 12 learners, as well as out-of-school youths, who wish to further their studies at any technical and vocational education and training, TVET colleges in South Africa for this academic year.