How to sign?
Students who are funded by NSFAS for the first time are required to sign the NSFAS Bursary Agreement form.
Step 1: You will receive an email with a link to sign online, click on the link to proceed
Step 2: After inserting your ID number, you will receive a One Time Pin (OTP) through an SMS to your registered cell phone number.
Step 3: Type in the received OTP to continue with the signing of the agreement
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
- Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate if you are younger than 16 years old).
- The ID of your parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable).
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income).
- A completed and signed consent form, which you may download here and must be filled in with your parent/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all the people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A from www.nsfas.org.za, fill it in and submit it with your application.
Please note: The stamp on all certified documents should not be older than three months.
You may apply if
- you are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less, you are registered at this institution and have not been approved for NSFAS funding
- you are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less, you are registered at this Institution but have not applied for NSFAS funding before.
- you are a South African citizen with a household income of R350k or less and you plan to study at a public university or TVET college and require funding.
Please note that your application will NOT be considered if
- you have already applied on www.nsfas.org.za and have an application reference number.
- you already have NSFAS funding
- you already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree, with the following exceptions:
- BTech – Architecture / Architectural Technology
- BTech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- BTech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- BTech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- BTech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
Applicants may make use of the computer lab on campus to apply and may also contact the financial aid office on campus for assistance with their applications.
You may call the NSFAS Contact Centre on 08 000 67327.