Stellenbosch University is one of the topmost higher educational institutions in Africa. If you want to study in Stellenbosch University and you want to apply, here are simple guides for you. This guide contains online application, offline application and admission requirements.
Step 1: Before you apply
Before you apply,
1. Read on all the programmes offered at Stellenbosch University.
2. Make sure that you understand what it takes to be accepted by the different faculties by reading the admission and selection requirements below.
3. Check the closing dates before you apply.
30 June: Residence applications close.
31 August: Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance.
31 May: Applications close for the programme MB,ChB in the Faculty Medicine and Health Sciences.
30 June: Applications close for all other undergraduate programmes.
Check out : Stellenbosch University Admission Requirements
Step 2: Pick your programme
You get to pick three programmes, because some programmes are harder to get into than
others because of the limited space available.
Even if you’re not selected for your first choice, you could still be selected for your second or third choice.
Step 3: Start your application
Only apply with a paper application form if you don’t have access to the internet, otherwise, simply apply online.
- You can get a paper application form at 021 808 9111 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete all the required fields and post the form with the other application documents so that they reach the university before the closing date.
- If the university receive both an online application and a paper form application from you, they’ll only look at the online application.
Stellenbosch University loves online applications.
- Start your online application. Click here to apply.
- Get your username and 8-digit password.
- Complete the online form.
Step 4: Upload the needed documents
When you’re applying online, the university will need:
- your signed contract,
- proof of payment of the R100 application fee, and
- certified copies of supporting documents asked for (like your academic results and
faculty specific non-academic forms, if applicable).
Make sure the school receive the documents on time. You can monitor your application on Your Admission Status to ensure that your application is complete.
If you apply online, upload your documents online to Your Admission Status before the closing date.
If you apply with a paper form, you should put all the documents in the envelope with your application.
Step 5: Write the National Benchmark Test (NBT)
- If you apply to the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences or for a programme in Law, you must write the National Benchmark Test SPONSORED LINKS
- Everyone needs to write the NBT before you may register as a student at Stellenbosch University.
Step 6: Track your application
You can monitor the progress of your application at Your Admission Status. Check out Stellenbosch MySun student portal.
Admission and selection requirements
Also note Stellenbosch University has a brand new Admissions Policy.
To study at Stellenbosch University you are required to:
- South African school system: Have obtained a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with admission to Bachelor’s degree studies, which means that you must obtain a mark of at least 50% in each of four school subjects from the list of university admission subjects: Accounting, Agricultural Sciences, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Information Technology, Languages (one language of learning and teaching at a higher education institution and two other recognised language subjects), Life Sciences, Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Music, Physical Sciences, Religion Studies and Visual Arts.
- International school system: Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow.
- Have written the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs).
Note that when you apply for a programme in the faculty of Law and of Medicine and Health Sciences, the NBT’s need to be written before 30 June if you want to be considered for selection.
- Also meet further requirements specific to the programme(s) of your choice as set out in the programme outlines under the various faculties
Recommended : Stellenbosch University Courses
Faculty selection guidelines
Large numbers of prospective students apply for programmes. Unfortunately the school can accept only a limited number of students.
Even though you may meet the admission requirements of a programme, you are not guaranteed admission to the programme of your choice.
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Education (Foundation Phase)
- Education (Intermediate Phase)
- Medicine and Health Sciences
– Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
– Occupational Therapy
For further inquiries, please contact our Client Service Centre
Tel.: 021 808 9111